Updated: July 31, 2020
Just like you, Encompass Christian Counseling, Christian Children’s Home of Ohio and Encourage Foster Care have been closely monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. Since the health crisis began, we have been following the guidance provided by federal, state and local officials with respect to the health and safety of our staff and clients, and we have been sanitizing, monitoring health and symptoms, and providing electronic alternatives to face-to-face visits.
Given Governor DeWine’s most recent mandate about face coverings, we want to let you know what to expect when you come for your next visit.
As required by the state mask mandate, all agency personnel, clients and guests are required to wear masks. If you do not have a mask when you arrive, one will be provided for you.
To provide the highest quality of care and maintaining effective communication, clients will not be required to wear masks while in session, provided that proper social distancing can be maintained throughout the session. Our clinicians will be provided with face shields to wear when necessary and we recommend that clients bring them as well.
We believe we are making every effort to keep you and staff safe. We are grateful for the trust that you put in us and we are privileged to serve you.
The following procedures will remain in place at all of our office locations:
- We are now offering “telemental health” services to existing clients as an alternative to coming into the office to receive counseling and case management services. Additional information, including a consent to treat form, can be found here.
- Posted at every Encompass office are the symptoms of COVID-19. We are asking anyone exhibiting ANY of those symptoms to leave the premises immediately and reschedule your appointment.
- Upon entering our offices, you will be asked to have a temperature scan to ensure compliance.
- Until further notice, there will be NO penalties for health-related cancellations in deference to the COVID-19 virus.
- Our staff is ensuring that “high-touch” surfaces are cleaned and disinfected regularly. We have also removed all toys and reading materials from our waiting areas.